Thursday, July 24, 2014

colorblocking



 
 

I’ve always been drawn to colorblock pieces but if you take a peek at my closet, all you’ll find are floral/graphic  and plain dresses.  If I am remembering correctly, this dress was an outcome of what was supposed to have been a window-shopping  trip that was incited by my extreme nervousness from my sports team losing in the finals, hence my altogether complete avoidance of being near a TV. Lol. I figured, “just” trying on dresses might be a good distraction. Well, I ended up picking this up over a much desired floral dress because I wanted to try something new and the two teenage girl cousins I was with at that time said so. No regrets ever since! This dress garnered so many compliments that I never want to let go of it! Even when I am old and gray…. And probably will not fit into it. Hahaha! I hope y’all are having a good week!

Thank you so much for reading and see you on my next post!

Photos by Tim Calamiong (Instagram: @calamiong)


 


                               Dress: Mango    Shoes: Zara    Bag: Rachel Roy for Macy's   Watch/Earrings/Necklace: Michael Kors/Jewelmint/Baublebar

35 comments:

  1. This is such a gorgeous dress on you! Love the pop of yellow in your belt and those heels are stunning.

    Jennie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect! The style of the dress suits you well, I like how it has a deep v-neck and I love the added yellow and white stipe. The skinny belt adds to the glamour. Gorgeous shoes too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chic and sophisticated look! Love that necklace!
    OXOX
    Dawn Lucy
    http://fashionshouldbefun.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good call on getting this dress! It's elegant but fun at the same time. I love the combo of navy and yellow. You look beautiful! :-)

    www.girlinahotcity.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a gorgeous dress! Love the color blocking and the pop of yellow!

    Jill
    dousedinpink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I understand your love of colour blocking, for I'm the exact same.. they enable endless stylish options! This Mango dress fits you so well and I love the yellow belt; it's super cute! I actually bought a navy blue shirt dress by Mango last week in their sale for just £19 and I've worn it quite a lot since.. they offer such chic designs! Thanks for sharing yet another perfect post with us Uris, have a wonderfully relaxing weekend! :)

    http://findmethoseheels.blogspot.co.uk/
    - I follow back on Bloglovin' -

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much as always, Gabrielle!

      Delete
  7. Great dress! ;)

    God bless,
    XO, Claire
    http://www.littlemissfashionqueen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a super cute dress... I agree with teenage cousins :)
    x Nina
    http://trendsurvivor.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. you look stunning! Love the dress =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really enjoyed reading this post! so much life and fun ♥

    New style post on the blog sweetie!
    http://michaelmacalos.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really enjoyed reading this post! so much life and fun ♥

    New style post on the blog sweetie!
    http://michaelmacalos.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous dress and it fits you so well. Thank you for stopping by my blog and commenting. Have a wonderful Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super pretty, I love the fun blocks of color!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a pretty dress, the color blocking at the bottom is great!

    prosecco in the park

    ReplyDelete
  15. This dress is so pretty! I love the color blocking!

    Nicole
    Nicole to the Nines

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are so sophisticated and polished! (And I am so jealous! ha ha!) Mango has such great pieces- I wish I had a local store. And I absolutely LOVE the nail color you chose- it's the perfect complement your outfit!
    Gina -- On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful color blocked dress. I love the colors. Beautiful combination of fit and fashion!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I too adore color-blocking including this dress you have on here! Such a great set of colors!
    Cheers, Monique
    Casually Chic by Monique
    Find me at : bloglovin' | facebook

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful look. Love the dress and the shoes.

    Alex - Funky Jungle

    ReplyDelete
  20. wowzers! you look awesome! a very snazzy outfit, indeed!

    ReplyDelete